“Everyday I get to live and experience my dream: I get to play through Vieuxtemps, Tchaikovsky, Saint-Saens, Elgar, Mendelssohn, Bach, and Mozart… almost anything that I want. And while I do this, I get better at classical-stringed instruments – because I engage in modern complementary studies that are both challenging and fun. Try telling me that is not worth pursuing or not worth sharing!”
– Jeffrey Hsu, Inventor
The bracket violin effectively sets a modern foundation for musical study and complements pedagogy and performance:
- Expedites Rehearsal Time and Improves Sonic Performance.
- No Callus Irritation = More Potential Practice Time if Desired.
- Dramatically Improves Dexterity (Likely for all Musical Instruments).
- Establishes Intonation via Auditory Memory (Likely for all Musical Instruments).
- Independent or Guided Experimentation as Framed through Pedagogy to Form Natural Grips and Grasp Balance Over Time.
- Encourages Full Use of Bow, Understanding of Bow Vectors, and Realizing Bow Propulsion through Virtual Osmosis.
- Sustaining Flowing State of Vibrato via Virtual Osmosis.
- Intuitive (Virtual Play) and Coherent (Mental Practice) Decoding of Music Literature (and Optionally in–Adults–or in Mandatory–Children–Combination with Strings).
- Designed to Activate Attention and the “Magic Synthesis” in the Brain through Experiential or Mental “Flow.”
- Significantly Enhances Reading Comprehension (especially through Mental Practice) or Helps to Form Visual Map of Finger Placements and Corresponding Notes in Brain which can then be Visualized while Reading Music or Playing from Memory on Bowed Stringed Instrument.
- Contemporary Processes to Accelerate Memorizing of Music.
- Effective and Safe Unilateral and Bilateral Training only Possible on Stringless and Not Possible on Strings.
- Stringless does Not Produce Poor Habits because Strings Do Not Strengthen or Reinforce Work.
- Templates are ‘Stringless’ and Do Not Result in Poor Technique or Visual Dependency; instead, Set of Decals Serve as Collective and Imaginative Manual of Spatial Aspects of Fingerboard in Brain which Can be Accessed Later via Memory Retrieval for Strings (as Discussed Above).
- Templates are Graded for Different Stages of Learning.
- Variety of Bowing Platform Options including Singular Track Option to Reduce Inhibition for Experiential Flow, Interchangeable with Plural Tracks for More Accurate Mental Practice, such as Traversing Full Bowing Range According to Left-Hand Position, Simulating Arc of Bridge to Properly Roll Bow for String Crossing, and Shifting into Correct Positions and Digit-Related Locations.
- Singular Track and Open Fingerboard Design Lowers Inhibition but Conditions Perpendicular Movement of Bow (which Later Applies to Proper Bowing Range) and Allows Body to Naturally Develop Rigid Finger Placements in Left-Hand Over Time.
- Other Bow Guides on Market are Anecdotes–because they Do Work for You–and Do Not Effectively Condition Proper or Natural Movement; they also Stifle Experimentation.
- Stringless Precipitates Natural Rewards in Brain (i.e. Achievement) and therefore Creates New Habit Loops for Effective Learning Strategy.
- Relieves Students and Professionals of Aggravation Associated with Difficult or Tedious Learning Tasks.
- Stringless is Fun, Challenging, and Artistically Creative while Complementing Art of Violin.
- Stringless is Accessible via Household Electronics and Existing/ Affordable Technologies and Bracket Violin Iterations should be Financially Accessible to Most Households.
- No Tuner or Metronome is Needed because Digitally Enhanced Music Recordings Create Accurate Auditory Memories in Brain (i.e., when Attentional Networks are Activated via Singularity*), and Said Recordings Provide Rhythmic Backdrop for Fingering and Bowing Articulations.
- While Repetition is Important for Student Programming, Creative Conditioning Solves Major Problem–Reason Why Many Do Not get Involved or Discontinue their Participation in Arts–and that is, Time. Virtual Play Allows Stringless Participant to Temporarily Bypass Technical Error–while Improving Motor Skills over Time–in order to Experience Art of Violin and Gain Positive Musical Experience. Perhaps in Future, Professional Orchestras will Open up their Halls to Engage Silent Orchestras – Licensing Music Lovers to Share Art of Performance with Expanded Audiences. More Activity may Augment Ticket Sales and Orchestra Attendance and Widen Scope of Music Appreciation, especially for Transient Non-Artists (like Family and Friends).
- Rote Exercise, furthermore, Can Lead to Injury and are One Reason Why Students have Difficult Time Adjusting to New Musical Parameters.
- Traditional Exercises/Pedagogy can be Applied to Stringless.
- Virtual Play can Serve as Enhanced Reward, i.e., Pleasure/Satisfaction of Making, or in this Case Experiencing, Music.
- Less Self-Reflective Judgement and Less Observable Judgement in Stringless Method that is Highly Important for String Performance.
- More Opportunity to Learn via Osmosis, Either Virtually Online or In-Person.
- Stringless may help disadvantaged or underprivileged students to “catch-up” in Cases where they did not have Opportunity to Study Early On.
- Stringless is Tested, Well-Researched, Works, and Makes Sense!
One more thing… Stringless is expected to evolve all the benefits of human development that go along with learning to play a musical instrument, like bringing out intelligence, improving attendance in school, and potential plastic changes in adults.